I read… a lot. Well, at least I skim a lot web pages, headlines, and emails to get the latest and greatest (and strangest) food allergy news. I love the email alerts that are delivered right to my inbox, all summarized with links, targeted and relevent to me. If you’re not already on these email lists… take a look and consider signing up. All services listed below are free and do not require membership.
- FAAN Special Allergy Alerts – Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (“FAAN”) provides information about mislabeled or recalled food or pharmaceutical products and notifications of ingredient changes from responsible food companies. Sign up for this one – it may save your child’s life!
- FAAN Newsletter – Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network provides a weekly and monthly newsletter general information on food allergies and FAAN activities.
- Google Alerts – Free email updates of the latest relevant Google search results (web, news, blogs, video, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic. I have two “Food Allergy” and “Peanut Allergy” and get emails once a week, but you can select how often you receive your alert emails. It’s a great way to find other food allergy related sites (recipes, books, coping strategies… etc…). Most results are very relevant, some just entertaining, and some are… well… y’know… search results.
- AAFA Email Subsciption – Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) – sends out bi-monthly newsletters.
- FAAN also has a newly launched blog called FAAN Notes to which you can subscribe. I can’t vouch for its value, as it’s only been available for a month. If you subscribe, you will be notified whenever FAAN posts a new article on its new blog page. The website says it expects to have a monthly blog post.
- Ok, a little shameless self promotion…
Bristow Allergy Moms – did you know you can subscribe to recieve daily and/or weekly emails summarizing any updates to our site. There’s a link on the right side of this page… click away!
Do you have any favorite email subscriptions you want to share… leave a comment and let me know!